Staff Links 10127 120 Avenue, Grande Prairie, AB, T8V 8H8| Phone: 780-532-4491| Contact Us
Grande Prairie Public School Division
Every Student Succeeds

WBanner - K+KPAL - Feb 1 (1200x428)_Website banner Kinder child born in   1200x428.png

What is KinderPAL?

KinderPAL is an early learning Program of Choice for kindergarten-age students in GPPSD schools. It follows the school’s full-day bell schedule and calendar. 

Students will experience full school day learning with Kindergarten programming for half their time, and the other half is KinderPAL Play And Learn. The Play and Learn experience is programming in a classroom setting where students experience peer-based play as they continue developing and growing their knowledge.

GPPSD - Home page - v8-Youtube Button.png

Register for KinderPALhere.

Which schools offer KinderPAL?

KinderPAL is offered at all GPPSD elementary schools, but is dependent on sufficient registration.

​Alexander Forbes School 
​Aspen Grove School  
​Avondale School
​Crystal Park School
​Derek Taylor Public School 
​École Montrose 
(French Immersion) 
​Hillside Community School
​Isabel Campbell Public School
​I.V. Macklin Public School
​Maude Clifford Public School
​Riverstone Public School 
​Roy Bickell Public School 
​Swanavon School

Parkside Montessori currently offers the opportunity for their kindergarten students to attend half-day kindergarten programming or add additional half days, up to full time, through the fee-based Casa dei Bambini program.

Who provides programming for KinderPAL?

A certified teacher provides Provincial Kindergarten curriculum instruction, and a Early Learning Instructor provides the early learning KinderPAL programming. 

What if my neighbourhood school does not offer KinderPAL?

If your neighbourhood school does not offer KinderPAL, parents may apply to enroll at a school offering KinderPAL. Families will be responsible for transportation and students will be required to return to their neighbourhood school for Grade 1.

What are the fees for KinderPAL?

KinderPAL is a fee-based program. Families will be required to register for the full year. The program fee is $350 per month.

Does KinderPAL qualify for childcare subsidy or childcare expenses on your income taxes?

KinderPAL does not qualify for childcare subsidy. Please refer to Government of Canada – CRA Child Care Expenses Information to determine which expenses can be claimed on your income tax.

Download the KinderPAL Handbook:



See the information below to register your child. Mid-year registrations may be accepted, check with your KinderPAL School.

Register New Families to GPPSD

Families who have never had any children attend GPPSD


Click the button above to create a  SchoolEngage account, add your students and complete the New Student Registration online form. By entering your address and choosing the Program - "English Programming" your child will be enrolled at your designated neighbourhood school. New Families that want to register their child in KinderPAL check the box on the New Student 
Registration Form indicating "I want to register my child in the fee-based KinderPAL Program", register at their Designated School. Those interested Montessori, French Immersion or parent led Home Education please choose either program as their Overall Program Choice. 

Help links for new families:

Register Current Families

​Families that have other children attending GPPSD

Sign in to PowerSchool

Click the button above to register a new member of your family by going to the PowerSchool ParentPortal and access SchoolEngage on the left-hand menu. Add the new student and complete the New Student Registration form.

Families with children currently attending a GPPSD Preschool or Pre-Kindergarten program, that want to register their child in KinderPAL check the box on the Kindergarten 
Registration Form indicating "I want to register my child in the fee-based KinderPAL Program". You will  receive an email directing you to complete your 2023-2024 Kindergarten Registration. 

Help links for current GPPSD parents:

Register Returning Families

Families who did not have children attend the previous year


Click the button above, to reset your password on your SchoolEngage account, then complete the New Student Registration form for your child.

Reset SchoolEngage For assistance on resetting your SchoolEngage account contact your school.