Our Schools

Contact GPPSD Today

Phone 780-532-4491
Fax 780-875-7829
10127 120 Ave., Grande Prairie, AB
T8V 8H8
Get Directions Contact Page

Foreign Students

The Grande Prairie Public School Division welcomes families from all over the globe to attend our schools. 

Foreign Students

Are children of families who live with their parents in the City of Grande Prairie and the parents hold a Temporary Work Permit, a Refugee Permit, a Study Permit or may be a Permanent Resident.

If you are in need of a Student School Acceptance Letter for your child acknowledging acceptance in our division, the following documents will need to be provided:

  1. A valid Immigration, Refugee Permit, Citizenship Canada Work Permit, Temporary Foreign Worker Permit or Permanent Resident document for the child’s parent.
  2. Proof of physical residence address in Grande Prairie, Alberta for the parent.
  3. Child’s birth certificate and passport indicating that the holder of the work permit is the child’s parent.

Documents can be emailed to CO.Receptionist@GPPSD.ab.ca or brought to our GPPSD Central Office location at 10127 120 Avenue, Grande Prairie. There is no charge for this letter. Letters must be picked up in person.

Should you require any further information, contact Carla Peace at (780) 532-4491


International Students

Are children who are non Canadian Citizens living without their parents in the City of Grande Prairie and have applied for GPPSD's International Students Program. This is a tuition based program where students from around the world are welcome to study for months, semesters or years in our schools. Learn more about international student eligibility, fees and the process to apply by clicking more information below.

More Information