Grande Prairie, AB, June15, 2022 – Student Advisory Committee is Looking for Committee Members
Grande Prairie Public School Division students in grades 5-11 can now apply to become a member of our Student Advisory Committee!
The development of a Student Advisory Committee will provide the Board an opportunity
to engage with students of the Division for the purpose of sharing information, seeking
feedback from students and to support the development of students' personal leadership
skills and strengths.
1. The Student Advisory Committee will consist of:
- 1 to 3 students selected from each school, in Grades 5 through 11.
- Two Board members
- The Superintendent or designate
- Two School Administrators
- Guests may be invited from time to time to cover topics of interest
2. Interested students must want to make a difference for their peers by participating on
the Committee. Students will volunteer by submitting an on-line application.
3. A student will fill a 2-year term on the Committee. Individual vacancies will be filled
as they arise.
1. Meetings will be held in person, 3 or 4 times per year. Whenever possible, meetings
will be scheduled to avoid students needing to miss class to participate.
2. The Student Advisory Committee will be co-chaired, by 2 students, selected at the
first meeting of the Committee each year.
Trustee Member Responsibilities
1. Attend all meetings and collaborate with Administration and the student co-Chairs in
the development of the agenda for each meeting.
2. Participate fully and engage with students at each meeting.
3. Report back to the Board of Trustees summarizing the minutes of each meeting.
Student Member Responsibilities
1. Attend all meetings and participate fully and engage with the members of the
Committee at each meeting.
2. Report back to the School Principal summarizing the minutes of each meeting.
3. As requested by the School Principal, student members will report to other students,
to the School Council, and to others as needed on the work of the Committee.
School and System Leader Responsibilities
1. Collaborate with the Trustee Members and student Co-Chairs in the development of
the agenda for each meeting.
2. Plan for and facilitate the running of each scheduled meeting, including the setting of
the agenda and the provision of minutes summarizing each meeting.
How to Apply
Please contact your current school's principal or vice principal.
Grande Prairie Public School Division