International Student applications are now being accepted for entrance into the Fall 2021 program. Entrance into the program will be dependent on the Canadian Government's travel restrictions as well as the removal of any existing restrictions in the applicant's home country. If Study Visas are denied due to travel restrictions, a refund will be applied towards tuition and student medical insurance. Any international students would need to follow quarantine requirements and any relevant public health orders
WELCOME TO GRANDE PRAIRIE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
International students from around the world are welcome to study for months, semesters or years in our schools. Grande Prairie Public School Division is a publicly funded school division serving approximately 8,000 students in Kindergarten to Grade 12 in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada since 1912. With over 60,000 citizens, Grande Prairie is large enough to have all the services of a city but still small enough to provide that close community feel. We invite you to look through the site and consider the opportunities that await you as an international student with Grande Prairie Public Schools.
Below is some information that may help get your started.
International students are eligible to apply for admission based on the following criteria:
- Students are not citizens of Canada or Landed Immigrants ("permanent residents") of Canada
- Student who's parents live in and are citizens of countries outside of Canada,
- Students are in Grade 6 to Grade 12
- Students who are proficient in English with completion of an International Test of English Proficiency Exam
- Valid student authorization issued by Immigration Canada (students will not be permitted on a visitor's visa)
- Students have prearranged a residence to live within the City of Grande Prairie.
Students must satisfy all other admission requirements of the Division Administrative Procedure 304 – International Students.
The detailed fee schedule is available HERE which includes:
- A Non-refundable processing fee of $250 is payable on application.
- International students are not funded by Alberta Education. An International Student Tuition Fee is payable annually when the student's parent live outside of Canada and the guardian resides within Alberta. Fees are set annually, current International Student Tuition fees are $12 000 CAD
- The Medical Insurance fee of $500 must be paid prior to application approval
We welcome you to contact Grande Prairie Public School Division for more information if you have questions, by emailing email@example.com or see our brochures below. For more information about studying in Canada, visit the Education in Canada Website, and start to imagine your next year of school in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
If you are ready to apply, Welcome!!, please follow our step by step Application Checklist that can be found - HERE