Grande Prairie, AB, May 25, 2022 - If your child is 3, 4 or 5 years old as of June 20 or June 27, and you plan to enroll them in a GPPSD school, they may qualify for a free speech and language screening.
How do you know if your child may need early speech and language intervention?
Do you have the following concerns:
- I am worried about my child's speech and language development
- I am not sure my child is talking as much as they should
- Family, friends and I have a hard time understanding what my child is trying to say
- I am not sure my child understands what I am saying to them
If yes, your child may benefit from early speech and language intervention.
When and where are the screenings happening?
On June 20th and 27th, our Speech Language Pathologists will be offering free speech and language screening at Crystal Park School and Derek Taylor Public School.
The screenings are only for children who may benefit from early speech and language intervention in a supportive GPPSD Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten program.
Booking a screening
Screenings are by appointment only. Please book your child's screening by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 780-532-4491 ext. 19095.
In your email, please provide:
- name and age of your child
- your speech and language concerns
- your name
- your address and GPPSD boundary school
- a daytime phone number
Grande Prairie Public School Division