Here you will find the information you need to support and nurture your child through the journey of learning.
Grande Prairie Music Parents Association, and Parent Council will allow you to be a full participant in ensuring your child's success in education at the Grande Prairie Composite High School.
There are a couple of things to emphasize in your discussions with your son or daughter every day:
1. Go to class - on time, with your materials, homework done, ready to learn but most importantly go to class. Participate in class to the best of your ability.
2. Do your best; don't worry about what other students are doing. Everyone is unique but do your very best, everyday, to learn.
3. Clean up after yourself ...put the garbage in the garbage, do not dump it in the parking lot, do your part to keep things clean. (It helps the learning environment and the community).
4. It will never be ok to do drugs, or drink alcohol at school. Our RCMP officer will be placing charges for even the smallest amounts of drugs and alcohol.
5. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem. Fighting, skipping, cheating, lying, these are not the actions of respectable leaders. Too much time is wasted on these poor choices and each of these items violates the core values of the school.
6. Talk about the core values: Respect, Responsibility, Individual Worth, Trust, Integrity, and Altruism.