Students in regular programs attend designated schools according to the attendance boundaries established by the Grande Prairie Public School District Board of Trustees of the school district. Information about the attendance boundaries is located by clicking HERE.
In addition to the regular programs offered in neighborhood schools, several programs of choice are available for your consideration.
For more detailed information about the following schools and/or programs, please contact the schools directly by clicking on the link below or by telephone:
Alexander Forbes School (7240 Polar Drive, 780-532-1365): K-9 Programming, and Home of The Edge School Skill Academy North (Hockey and Dance) for Students in Grade 4-9.
Aspen Grove School (9720 – 63 Avenue, 780-538-0009): K – 6 Programming.
Avondale School ( 10226 – 108 Avenue, 780-532-3230): K – 6 Programming.
The Bridge Network School (9625 Prairie Road, 780-539-0950): Alternative High School Programming for students in grades 10 – 12 and for adult learners.
Crystal Park School (9351 – 116 Avenue, 780-539-0333): K – 9 Programming, and home to several district programs for students with special needs.
Derek Taylor Public School (7321 – 104A Street, 780-357-9174): K-9 Programming.
Ecole Parkside School (9617 – 91A Avenue, 780-532-7429): K-6 French Immersion Programming.
Grande Prairie Christian School (8202 – 110 Street, 780-539-4566): Faith-based K – 9 Programming.
Grande Prairie Composite High School (11202 – 104 Street, 780-532-7721): Comprehensive Programming for Grades 10 – 12, including French Immersion and International Baccalaureate Programming.
Hillside Community School ( 9410 – 106 Avenue, 780-532-0743): K-6 Programming.
I.V. Macklin Public School (8876 – 108 Avenue, 780-513-3391): K – 9 Programming.
Maude Clifford Public School (9206Lakeland Drive, 780-357-3500): K – 6 Programming.
Montrose Junior High School (6431 – 98 Street, 780-532-8861): Grade 7 – 9 Programming, including International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programming.
Swanavon School (8909 – 100 Street, 780-532-8885): Preschool to Grade 6 Programming, and Montessori Programming for Pre-School to Grade 3.
The following steps outline the basic steps required in registering a student new to the Grande Prairie Public School District. Students who are transferring schools within the district may follow the same general steps with the exception of step 3:
- Consult the district map to identify your neighborhood school, and/or the list of schools above to determine the location of the special program you are interested in. If you are interested in attending one of the special programs offered by the Grande Prairie Public School District, you must telephone the school directly to obtain specific instructions regarding registration.
- To register in a regular school program, please visit your neighborhood school to complete the registration form. You may also download the district registration form from HERE in order to print and complete it before visiting the school.
- Please note, for new students only: Alberta Education requires copies of birth certificates and Alberta Health Care numbers are required for all students registering in the Grande Prairie Public School District.
As well, or students who do not reside with their parents, documentation regarding guardianship must be included as well. Please contact the school for more information regarding guardianship requirements.
- School fees are required for all students. Each school will be able to provide information regarding the fees, as well as any additional fees that may be associated with special programs.
- Transportation is available for students in some cases, depending upon the distance the students reside from the school. In general, students who reside further than 2.4 KM from their neighborhood school will qualify for free transportation using school buses operated by First Student Canada. More information regarding transportation is available from the school, or from calling First Student at 780-532-3545.