Bussing services for the Grande Prairie Public School District are provided by First Student Canada.
To be eligible for a bus pass, a student must live within the Grande Prairie city limits and 2.4 km or more by the shortest route from the closest school within the attendance boundary.
1. Students attending Aspen Grove and Montrose having to cross Resources Road; students attending Derek Taylor having to cross 108 St; and students attending Avondale having to cross 116 Ave.
2. Special needs students attending a designated school program.
3. French Immersion students attending Ecole Parkside and Montrose.
4. School of Choice students (Edge, Christian, Montessori, IB) will have busing for a fee of $31.42/month to be paid for the entire school year in full at the school office prior to the student receiving their bus pass. Preauthorized debit is also available. The first month's payment is paid up front at the school and a preauthorized debit form is filled out at the school. Payments will be withdrawn from your account and the first of every month.
5. Bridge students living 2.4 km or more away from Lions Learning have to be taking a minimum 50% course load.
Bus passes for eligible students in Grades 1-12 to be picked up at the School Office.
Bus Pass Information
To receive a bus pass students must fill out a bus pass application at the school or using the link for below to apply online.
The processing of the bus pass application may take up to 5 working days and the parent/guardian is responsible for the transportation of the student until they receive their bus pass from the school. Temporary bus passes may be available at the school office.
If a bus pass is lost or damaged they student has to fill out an application for a replacement bus pass at the school office or using the link below to apply online. The cost to replace the bus pass is $5.00. This fee is to be paid at the school office prior to the student receiving their new pass.
For information about bus pass eligibility, contact GPPSD Transportation Coordinator Connie Hartel at (780) 539-7419.